Friday, February 19, 2010

This Sea of Life


"Normal" is boring *sigh*


Sometimes I just want to shake things up!

But sometimes I just want to blend in...
to be liked...


Be liked? ...for who I am not? Really?

Why?

Do I hide behind various masks out of fear?

...not always.

Well, okay. Sometimes I do.

But sometimes
...I am simply too busy to think
about who I am or what I choose!
(stupid excuse!)

Autopilot, sleep-walker, robot... lost sentience!

Both Fear and Busy make lousy ship captains.
They furiously paddle and splash,
rudderless!
until I stop them.

How far have they taken me?
Am I Lost?

whispers cries of, "who am i? what is this life?"

A lost Soul in a Sea of unrecognizable Moments!


So I am thinking~
What a waste it is to hide or sleep through life!

It is just a way to
refuse to be
truly "present" in this unique moment.

LIVING life with naked authentically...
Now that takes guts!


Who's with me?!


Please~ I hope you will take a moment
to listen with me to this recitation of
Invictus (I am the Captain of my Soul!)
(click on this link and the video will load)
spoken by the poet himself,
William Ernest Henley.


Have a lovely, thoughtful weekend, everyone!

This blog is dedicated to my cousin, Jason.
You inspire me. Thanks for daring me to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment