Friday, March 19, 2010

uNpLuGGeD !

Later this spring
(brrr! This is Minnesota)
I am planning a little experiment
which will take me into
(drum roll, please)
...technological isolation.

I will be media free,
television screen free,
computer free
and mobile phone free…

I'll even be people free.

That’s right folks.
I’m going off the grid and into the woods!

You see, I have been wondering
if modern society has gotten
into a state of mind where it is
psychologically inconceivable to
truly unplug.

Think about it.

No electricity or running water.
No music.
No media.

Nothing tethering me safely down.
Just my gear in a pack and
a couple of great books.

Techno-Nekked
Alone with nature.

sigh

Nature...
Doesn't that include
"Cougars and Spiders and Bears- Oh my!?"



Ummm.
I might lure my eldest son into coming along.

In any case, when I return I will post
a report reflecting on my little experiment
which I will (predictably) call "Unplugged"

or maybe I will just call it "Nekked!!"

Until next time... ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment